Bob & Mike,

When John alerted me to the issue I immediately called the National Commander to find out what the issue was.  We clearly made a commitment to E-8 to retire the designation, wrote a letter, presented a guidon, and even published a story on the matter.  The current National Commander was at the time, the 8th Regimental Commander who gave the order for Hopkins to use another designation.  They have come and gone so many times over the years that I believe they had 4 to choose from.  When P/R MG Omichinski found out that his order had not been carried out, he asked for an investigation and at its conclusion changed the designation.  I received confirmation today (The kids are in finals weeks or preparing for finals, graduation and commissioning for the most part so contact is slow).  Hopkins is no longer E-8, and the error was corrected.  There was never any question at the NHQ or PR Group Level.  We simply didn’t know realize the lack of execution of the order.

In the future, you do not need to make requested from John or Chris or any other 3rd party.  Board members do not have constituencies so it filters to me anyway.  You may not wish to deal with me, but at the moment I am the Executive Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors.  Despite all of issues in the past I hold no animus towards you.  We simply disagree on some things and the majority of alumni and the entire National Society have chosen a different path.  I sincerely hope that someday you will rejoin your PR brothers and help us shape the future of Pershing Rifles.  In any event there is no need to not deal directly.  I have always done the right thing.  I hope that you are both well and wish you and E-8 the best.

Bill
William J. Wagner, Jr.
Executive Director &
Chairman of the Board of Directors
The Pershing Rifles Group

Mobile: (917) 685-9299